This privacy notice was last amended in May 2018. It supersedes any earlier version.
At Zenko Properties we take your privacy very seriously. Please read this document to find out about how we are handle, or are intending to handle, your personal information you have provided to us.
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to us.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or write to Data Protection Officer, Zenko Properties, 2 The Chandlers, The Calls, Leeds, LS8 1JG
Information we collect and what we use it for
Collection of personal data
We collect information about you when you register with us or use our services. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys and provide feedback. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
Information we collect from you:
- Information provided by filling in forms while registering for activities, including
- Sales and lettings viewings
- General enquiries,
- Direct interactions,
- Walk in to our office
- Online website enquiries
- Newsletter sign-up
- Information provided to third parties where you consent to those other organisations sharing information they hold on you with us, including ValPal (our online valuation tool), Rightmove, Prime Location, Zoopla when making a rental, sales, valuation or general enquiry
- Information from your social media accounts when you have given us permission to use it. For example, posts, and pictures you share on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Google +
- Information provided when you report a problem or make a complaint and, if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- Information provided in surveys that we use for research purposes to provide you with a more relevant customer experience
- Information from emails and other communications we have sent to you and your interaction with them
- Information from third parties where you consent to those other organisations
Use of our personal information
Zenko Properties will use your personal information to:
- Contact you regarding an activity being undertaken with Zenko Properties, for example to facilitate the sale, rental or valuation of a property*
- To provide you with information about other goods and services that we offer which we feel may interest you*
- To permit selected third parties*:
- to provide you with information about goods or services which we feel may interest you
- to assist us in the improvement and optimisation of advertising, marketing material and content, our services and the website
- To assist us in the improvement and optimisation of advertising, marketing material and content, our services and the website*
- To verify your identity and provide customer support*
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure and to prevent or detect fraud*
* Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, to recover debts due to us, to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services, to develop our products/services and grow our business)
You can withdraw your consent for us to use your personal data for marketing purposes at any time. You also have the right to withdraw consent for us to pass your information to third parties for marketing purposes. If you do withdraw your consent, this will result in us ceasing to market goods and services to you.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by:
- Using the unsubscribe links on any marketing message sent to you
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0113 247 0777
If you do withdraw your consent to receiving marketing messages, we will still process your personal data in order to fulfil our contract with you and in accordance with our legal, accountancy and regulatory obligations.
If you no longer wish to be contacted by third parties for marketing purposes, please follow the instructions in their marketing communications, or consult their privacy policies about how to unsubscribe.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside of Zenko Properties for marketing purposes.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. They are often used as a mechanism for websites to remember things that a website browser has done there in the past, for example, clicking on particular buttons, logging in, or having read pages on that site months or years ago.
You can manage cookies by activating the setting on your internet browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. Please refer to the instructions or the online help files available via your relevant browser if you wish to manage cookies in this way. Alternatively, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org for further information. To manage cookies relating to targeted advertising activities, you can visit www.youronlinechoices.com. To opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you can visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Here is a full list of the cookies used on zenkoproperties.co.uk
- Google Analytics
- Used to provide insights into visitor numbers and website usage.
- Facebook Pixel
- Used to provide marketing information in conjunction with Facebook
- Session Cookie
- Also called a transient cookie, a cookie that is erased when the user closes the Web browser. The session cookie is stored in temporary memory and is not retained after the browser is closed. Session cookies do not collect information from the users computer.
- CDN Cookie
- Used to serve content from a Content Delivery network
Disclosing your personal data to third parties
When you have given us consent we may share your data with selected third parties to enrich your experience with Zenko Properties and ease your moving in/out journey.
These third parties include but are not limited to:
- One Utilities
- Virgin Media
- Mortgage Advisors such as Pims Mortgage Advice
- Solicitors such as Ison Harrisons and Williams and Co
We will not share your data with third parties unless you have given us specific permission to do so.
We are requiredto provide your personal data to the following company if you are renting a property with Zenko Properties:
- Van Mildert – Referencing company
- Jupix (Property software Group) – our online CRM platform via Property file.
Zenko Properties is committed to operating its business in a transparent and open manner consistent with our legal and regulatory obligations. We are aware that the real estate industry is a target for organised criminals seeking to launder the proceeds of criminal activity. We always seek to prevent this activity by cooperating fully with the authorities and reporting suspicious activity to the National Crime Agency.
As part of this commitment, we adopt a strict compliance of all Anti-Money Laundering rules, with specific emphasis on the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, the Money Laundering Regulations 2017, the Bribery Act 2010 and the Terrorism Act 2000.
Zenko Properties policy commitment is applicable to all of our customers, including vendors, buyers, landlords and tenants. As a result we obtain and hold for a period of at least seven years evidence pertaining to our customers’ identity and, where appropriate, we obtain proof of ownership of property and source/destination of funds. We will be unable to proceed with any work on behalf of our customers if we are unable to obtain this information. Customers’ identity will be subject to an electronic identity check, which may also include a credit check.
For a full list of acceptable identity documents, please click here
Zenko Properties is registered and supervised by HM Revenue & Customs for compliance with the Money Laundering Regulations 2017.
Once we have received your personal data we will use reasonable and necessary procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access. For example, we limit who can access your personal data to those individuals and third parties who need to know it and who are subject to a duty of confidentiality. If we become aware of a data breach we will notify the Information Commissioner’s Office. If we believe that the data breach is serious, we may notify you in accordance with our legal requirements.
We will not transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area, except to a country offering the same level of protection for your personal data. For example, with certain service providers we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which ensures that your personal data has the same protection as it would have in Europe.
Your legal rights
Data protection laws grant you, as a Data Subject, certain ‘information rights’, which are summarised below:
- Right of access – You have the right to obtain a copy of information we hold about you
- Right of rectification or erasure – If you feel that any data that we hold about you is inaccurate, you have the right to ask us to correct or rectify it. You also have a right to ask us to erase information about you where you can demonstrate that the data we hold is no longer needed by us, or if you withdraw the consent upon which our processing is based, or if you feel that we are unlawfully processing your data. Please note that we may be entitled to retain your personal data despite your request, for example if we are under a separate legal obligation to retain it. Your right of rectification and erasure extends to anyone we have disclosed your personal information to and we will take all reasonable steps to inform those with whom we have shared their data about your request for erasure.
- Right to restriction of processing – You have a right to request that we refrain from processing your data where you contest its accuracy, or the processing is unlawful and you have opposed its erasure, or where we do not need to hold your data any longer but you need us to in order to establish, exercise or defend any legal claims, or we are in dispute about the legality of our processing your personal data.
- Right to Portability – You have a right to receive any personal data that you have provided to us in order to transfer it onto another data controller where the processing is based on consent and is carried out by automated means. This is called a data portability request.
- Right to Object – You have a right to object to our processing your personal data where the basis of the processing is our legitimate interests including but not limited to direct marketing and profiling.
- Right to Withdraw Consent – You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data where the processing is based on consent.
- Right of Complaint – You also have the right to lodge a complaint about any aspect of how we are handling your data with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, which can be contacted at www.ico.org.uk.
- Right to Opt-out of Marketing Communications – You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send to you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided below.
How long we retain your data for
Zenko Properties hold on to your personal data whilst you use our services (or whilst we provide services connected to you) and for at least seven years thereafter, for legal, regulatory and accounting purposes.
If we are required to hold on to your personal data beyond this period, we evaluate the potential risks of storing your data against why we might need to keep it. In some circumstances we might anonymise your personal data so it is not associated with you, and we may then use this information indefinitely.
Third party websites